Hey everybody! Today I’m going to be talking about my goals for the year! I make goals consistently, but I love making goals at the beginning of the year to try to accomplish in order to ensure that I get things done. I actually have a lot of goals this year, so let’s get started!
Goals for 2016
My reading goals are very similar to my reading goals from last year. Let’s get into them:
1. Read 42 Books // In 2015, I read 42 books. This year, I hope to read at least that many, but maybe more. It may be difficult, since I’m going to start college in the fall, but I think I’ll be able to do this. It’s basically reading three books six months of the year and four books the other six months.
2. Reread the Harry Potter series // This was my goal for 2015, but I did not accomplish it. I only got around to reading the first two. This year, I’m planning on actually rereading the series. I’m not sure if I’ll start all over or just pick up where I left off, but either way, this is going to happen this year.
3. Catch up on series // This was a goal of mine last year, which I kept up with for the most part. But, of course, I started some new series last year, which means there’s more for me to catch up on. I need to catch up on the Throne of Glass series, the Falling Kingdoms series, the Chronicles of Narnia, as well as a bunch of sequels coming out sometime this year.
Again, my writing goals this year are pretty similar to those I set last year.
4. Do NaNoWriMo again // I’m most likely not going to do Camp NaNoWriMo, because every year I say I’m going to do it and then I never end up doing it. But I want to do NaNoWriMo because I’ve done it three years in a row and I want to make it four. It might be hard, since I’ll be in college, but I’m definitely going to attempt.
5. Finish the first draft of my WIP // I want to finish the first draft of the novel I started writing for NaNoWriMo. I’m only about halfway done, and I want a complete first draft so that way I can work on editing and revising. I really like this story and I want to see it through.
This year, I’m planning some changes to my blog. I think I want to take it in a different direction, and my goals reflect that.
6. Post more consistently // I tend to go through ups and downs when it comes to blogging, sometimes posting every day for a week and then other times going a month with only posting once. I want to fix that, so I’m making it my goal to post more often and more regularly. I’m working on creating a posting schedule that will help me post more consistently.
7. Change it up // This is what I mean when I said I want to take my blog in a different direction. Don’t worry, I’m still going to be mostly posting about books. But, I want to try out different things as well. I’ve been wanting to post about films and television, and what better time to start than the new year? I also want to post more about my life, maybe weekly. I’ve also been thinking about posting about my photography, so let me know if you’d be interested in that.
This year is going to be crazy in my real life. I’m going to graduate, go off to college, become an adult, and it’s all so crazy. These are my goals to make sure I don’t get overwhelmed by all the craziness.
8. Finish off high school strong // I have one more semester left of high school, which is just crazy to think about. I want to get all A’s this semester and finish off my high school career on a high note. Not only that, but I want to make the most of it. I want to have more fun, step out of my comfort zone, and spend as much time with my friends as possible.
9. Be healthier // This is literally the most cliche new year’s resolution, but I’m honestly so unhealthy and I want to change that. I want to eat healthier foods, drink more water, and overall take better care of myself.
10. Take more pictures // Not only do I enjoy photography, but there’s so much going on this year and I want to take pictures to document the year. It’s going to be a crazy, fun, wonderful year and I want to remember it. Maybe a picture a day, or something like that.
11. Enjoy it // Like I said, this year is going to be crazy. I’m doing a lot of cool things, like going to Europe and graduating, and I obviously am going to have a lot of fun doing those things, but I really want to make this year the best year of my life so far.
Well, those are my goals for the year of 2016! I’m excited for this year and all the possibilities that it holds. What are your goals for 2016? Comment and tell me, I’d love to know!
Thanks for reading, everyone.