This is my second post today, but I have to do this post today because this read-a-thon starts tomorrow. I’ve decided, super last minute, to take part in the Bout of Books Read-a-thon, because why not?
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
This is my first ever read-a-thon, so I’m going to keep it super low pressure on myself. In this post I’m going to be doing my goals and TBR for the read-a-thon.
1. Read every day // This seems like an obvious thing to do, but knowing me, I won’t do it unless I put it in writing. I want to read every day of the week, at least a little bit.
2. Actually do updates // I’m very bad at Twitter, but my goal is to try to to updates on Twitter throughout the week. If you want to follow me on Twitter to keep up with the (potential) updates, my username is @heirofravenclaw.
3. Read at least two books // This may seem like a low goal to some other people, especially those who are attempting to read like five books (how do you do it!?). But two books in one week is a pretty good goal for me. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up reading more. What two books am I going to be reading, you ask? Well, lucky for you, I’m about to tell you.
1. Winter by Marissa Meyer // I really need to finish this book, and I’m hoping that this read-a-thon will motivate me to finally finish it. I’m excited about this book but since it’s winter break I keep putting it off in favor of Netflix and movies.
2. Vicious by V.E. Schwab // I’m extremely excited about reading this book, and I was planning on reading it this week after finishing Winter anyway, so I might as well read it for the read-a-thon.
Thanks for reading, everyone! Let me know if you’re participating in this read-a-thon, and if so, how many books are you attempting to read?