Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve posted, I just haven’t had much motivation to write anything. Since summer is a great time to get into new TV series, I decided to recommend some of my favorites, since I’ve loved a lot since the last time I did this post. Don’t worry, there won’t be any spoilers for any of these shows. And, they’re all on Netflix as well. Let’s get started!
(Updated) Top 5 Favorite TV Shows
5. Parks and Recreation // This is the only comedy on this list, because while I don’t usually enjoy comedy shows, I really loved this one. I started it pretty much right when the summer started, and finished it in a couple of weeks. I was a bit hesitant to start it at first, because I don’t normally enjoy comedies, but I’m glad I did. I love the cast and the characters so much, and I connected to them so much and so quickly. The last season got really emotional for me, and I didn’t want it to end. Overall, this show is great and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.
4. American Horror Story // You’ve probably already watched this, but if you haven’t, you’re missing out. Each season tells a different story, and while not all the seasons are great (my favorites are the first and the fifth), it’s definitely worth giving a try. It’s really creepy and entertaining to watch. I love seeing the cast return each season and play different characters. It’s not for everyone, but I recommend it to anyone who’s a fan of creepy things. I’m eagerly waiting for the next season to come out.
3. How To Get Away With Murder // I love HTGAWM so much. It’s extremely addictive, and once you start it you’re not going to want to stop until you finish it. It follows a group of five law students and their professor as they learn firsthand how to get away with murder. The first season is amazing, and even though the second isn’t as great, it’s still pretty good. Each and every episode brings up more and more questions, and all of a sudden everything comes together. It’s amazing. I can’t wait for the third season to come out. I love the characters so much and how they interact with each other. No one is really likable, but that’s part of the fun of the show. Just watch it if you haven’t.
2. Sense8 // If you haven’t watched Sense8, you’re missing out. This show has a very unique concept about eight people from around the world who are mentally connected and experience each other’s lives. It’s hard to explain, but it’s so good and like nothing I’ve ever seen before. The characters come from all around the world, and they’re all unique and have their own struggles. This show also has some of the BEST fight scenes I’ve ever seen. And, to top it all off, there’s some absolutely beautiful cinematography. You need to watch it. Just be warned: there are some pretty graphic and sexually explicit parts, so if that bothers you, you might want to give it a pass.
1. Stranger Things // Stranger Things is my current obsession. I just finished it the other day, and it’s actually what inspired me to write this post. I don’t even want to say much, because it’s definitely better to go into it not knowing anything. It takes place in the 80’s, and everything about it gives off that sort of vibe. It reminds me so much of Super 8 and Stand By Me (one of my all time favorite movies). It’s so creepy and mysterious, and every episode raises new questions that don’t get answered until the end. I’m hoping that there will be a second season, because just one season was not enough. I loved this show and recommend it to everyone.